Athletics offers a great opportunity for all children to learn the basic motor skills, to keep fit and to socialise with others. For those who wish to progress further in the sport, the pathways are also there.
No other sport offers such a wide a range of events to all ages and to all levels of competitors. This is also one downside on that it makes athletics the most labour intensive of ALL sports.
All weekly training and track and field events conducted at our weekly club competitions are subject to parental involvement. PARENTS/GUARDIANS NEED TO ASSIST WITH THE RUNNING OF EACH EVENT. If there are not enough parents present to officiate each event in a safe and timely manner, then the event will be cancelled.
MINIMUM OF 3 PEOPLE EACH WITH A MINIMUM AGE OF 16 TO OFFICIATE AN EVENT
All athletes MUST wear the TNSAC club uniform and attach their ANQ registration number to both the front and back when competing at all club competitions and track and field carnivals. Uniforms can be purchased from the registration desk at each club competition. No uniform, no club points.
Members: $2 per session
Non-members: $5 per session
This is the second year in which TNSAC will be holding training sessions at the Townsville Sports Reserve (Red Track).
7-9 year olds will be on Mondays 4:30 – 5:30pm TBC
10 years and above will be on Wednesdays 4:30 – 5:30pm TBC
There will be no training at all on school or public holidays.
Cancellation of training due to rain will depend on how bad the rain is and a decision will be made by 1pm on training days
Athletes from another Athletics Australia or Little Athletics affiliated club wishing to compete at a TNSAC competition night.
All age groups: Competition fee: $10/competition (payable before you compete in that night’s competition)
• Access to unlimited weekly TNSAC competition nights at $10 per competition
• No access to TNSAC training sessions
• Ineligible to accumulate “competition points” which contribute to end of season trophies
• Ineligible to have weekly competition performances recognized for “Club Records”
• Ineligible to receive awards on Presentation Day
• No invitation to attend Presentation Day function
Prior to registering all athletes must –
• Pay any fees outstanding from previous seasons – registrations will not be accepted until outstanding fees are paid.
• If you have signed up previously with Athletics North Queensland in the last 3 years, please include your ANQ registration number when renewing your registration.
• If this is your first season at TNSAC we need to sight your birth certificate. Please present this when registering in person or when collecting your ANQ registration numbers.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration can be submitted in one of three ways –
1. Online through our website or via the ANQ website (See button below)
2. In person at one of our 2019 Sign On Days (9th and 10th March 2019, 10am to 12pm at the Townsville Sports Reserve)
3. In person at any of our club competition nights